[PD] pd openembedded beagleboard-demo-image

mark gross markgross at thegnar.org
Tue Dec 28 19:14:44 CET 2010

I'm trying to get vanilla PD working on a beagle board using open
embedded's angstrom-2010.x distro.  I've hacked up a bit bake recipe
(still a hack job) and the task-beagleboard-demo-image.bb to make a
image that will actually run the PD GUI on a BB.

My problem now is with the audio.  I can't seem to get PD's audio + midi
test to make any more than queuer counter noises.  I've played with using
OSS and Alsa, and disabling pulse from the build.

aplay does play a 22050Hz mono-wave file.

I get the following errors from PD when I attempt to run it as root:
using OSS I get clicks from the test patch.
Using Alsa I get a spike in cpu use and things get really sluggish.
and I get --
tried but couldn't sync A/D/A

I would like to get any debugging tips or advice possible to finish this
project and post a howto (and perhaps add the puredata.bb recipe to OE)

Thanks!

--mark