[PD] help text not formatted very well?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Jan 2 01:10:53 CET 2011

Hi Aaron,

I remember the font and the ALSAmixer mentioned in your other thread as
both being common n00b problems on Linux.

The font problem comes when the default Tcl/Tk font in the Linux system
is different from that used in the help files. I don't recall the
solution to this, but maybe that will help you search the archives better.

With the ALSAmixer, you have to make sure that it does not pass the
sound from the microphone directly through to the speakers. IIRC, this
is not so intuitively labeled in the ALSAmixer. But one of the onscreen
fader-like controls (or its MUTE command) does this, and once you set it
and save the mixer settings it will never bother you again.

Good luck,
D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::