[PD] Really random random from date and time

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 01:58:19 CET 2011

Hi list,

I'd like my patch to create a different random each time it's loaded.

I'm using [urn] so I tried feeding a [random 500] -> [seed $1( into the [urn],
but every time it's the same result. According to the documentation "if you
don't give it a seed then each instance of random gets its own seed" but every
time I initiate the patch the result is the same.

Is there an object that will give me the current date and/or time, so that I can
use that as a seed to the random and urn objects???

11010001001001011
Ed

 Metastudio 4 for Pure Data - coming soon!
Metastudio 3 still available at http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata