[PD] standard encoding of pd files in each system?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:17:18 CET 2011

Hi,

I was curious to know what is the standard encoding of pd files in each
operating system. According to Notepad+, in XP is ANSI.

Or a followup question, which format is better for pd to read a string of
characters and convert it to floats? ANSI seems the be most reliable here
where it comes to interpreting the data, although utf8 without BOM renders
them in the symbol atom more accurately.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm working with converting ascii
characters to their float value.

If anyone wants, I can send a small test patch to try out.

João

--
Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)