[PD] sound card preferences

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Sat Jan 29 12:59:49 CET 2011

You could use the -audiodev flag (
http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/AdvancedConfig) but I never used it on
Mac, so I'm not sure whether it is appliable; with flags you could also
specify sound servers/API to playback with. So another solution could just
be to use jack (I usually reccommend to install jack on Mac for better
flexibility and efficiency). Then you would start jack with an appropriate
profile and Pd with -jack and -channels flag and you're done.
http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jackosx/JackOSX/0.87/JackOSX.0.87.Documentation.pdf

best,
Marco

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net