[PD] how can I clear [vd~]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 2 06:16:42 CET 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Mike Moser-Booth wrote:

> You could also just build a delay using a [table] as the buffer. Then
> you can clear your delay line by sending the [clear( message to the
> table. .mmb

as far as I'm concerned, if I needed that feature, I'd consider just
recompiling, instead of going as far as building a workaround, especially
if the workaround has to emulate [vd~] as well.

Nowadays, I use [vd~] all of the time (almost whenever I do audio).

OTOH, building a [vd~] replacement as tables means that I could easily
replace [tabread4~] by Cyrille Henry's [tabread4c~].

But I use silly numbers of [vd~], which tend to take most of the cpu in
many of my audio patches, so, I wouldn't want to replace by anything
significantly slower.