[PD] Maybe I'm pushing dynamic object creation too far

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 23:42:42 CET 2011

> Did you really mean to reply in private ?

Nope!

Here it is!
> > Dammit again - I'm using the second core of the machine for the live score,
>dynamic object creation in GEM - but I see the
> > new version of Inscore supports PD, so all my work over the last 6 months has
>
>been for nothing. Pah!

> Your tool surely has some advantages over Inscore.

It's in PD/GEM only. I sent the percussionist the score patch, with the external

in a folder called ext/.
The object creation manager was loaded within the patch thus:
[ext/gemnotes_counter]
The point is - he doesn't know anything about programming PD or compiling
software, and it ran straight away with Pd-extended straight from the emailed
patch.

I suppose that's good, but I'm anxious now to sort out a 2D engine for PD. I'm
using an industrial digger with GEM, when I should be using a spade! I'm not
really a graphics programmer, (in fact I have no training as a programmer) so
this is quite a challenge for me. PD was telling me that the CPU load was about
112% just for the score on my 2.2GHz dual core.

Or perhaps there's something out there that could be ported.

Ed

PS - I'm over it. If I wanted to be the first I should have learned how to
program in 1997, not 2005!