[PD] keyword/regexp search of documentation in a plugin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Feb 6 23:24:18 CET 2011

On Feb 6, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>     Two questions:
> 1) widgets and text appear super tiny on winxp.  But when I create a
> widget in the tcl shell, say, with "grid [button .b -text Hello]" the
> font size looks fine.  So what exactly is happening in Pd to make
> things
> look too small in windows?  (I remember this was a problem with the
> font bomb but I don't know what the solution was.)

In order to make the patches all look/work the same on all platforms,
Tk scaling is turned off.  On Windows, this can mean small fonts, so
you have to use the scaled fonts that are speced in pd-gui.tcl.

> 2) What is the "_" command?  I.e.:
> button .b -text [_ "Search"]

It marks text for localization.  So if, for example, you are using Pd
in German it'll read "suchen" rather then "search".

.hc