[PD] Music Made with Pd

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Tue Feb 8 11:17:39 CET 2011

On 02/07/2011 11:21 PM, Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> Last weekend I did a small performance at the "Hochschultage" at the HfK
> Bremen, Germany. This is from a project called "Performance for One" which
> is a small part of my research - more info about that soon ;)

unfortunately i missed your performance when i was at the hfk last
weekend. i listened to your 'sound of nowhere' excerpt at the 'sound
culture lounge' though. the surrounding was a bit noisy for most of
the rather quiet ambient pieces, but i enjoyed it nevertheless.

> 100% improvised and played on the fly with a monome and a korg nanokontrol,
> no edits... and the samples come from my own recordings from rehearsals for
> Mozart's Don Giovanni at the Theater Bremen in 2010.

since im am always interested in live performance of 'computer music',
(all my own music is recorded live with pd+controller in a kind
of dub-like way) i would of course like to know what you were
doing there. some kind of slowed down samples (granular? phase
vocoder?) and kind of resampling (maybe scanned synthesis?)
i guess from the recording, but i would really like to know
the details.

> http://soundcloud.com/iburiedpaul/live-at-hfk-bremen

bis denn!
     martin