[PD] pdp_vloopback ?

Daniel Roviriego danifernando at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:51:35 CET 2011

Hi all!

v4l2loopback is working pretty nice! thanks for the awesome work, Iohannes!
I did suceed with the "v4l2sink" element (st-launch videotestsrc !
ffmpegcolorspace ! v4l2sink device=/dev/videox)  .Now, the doubts:

. Which apps you know can already write to v4l2 devices ?
. What's the name of the gem object for the v4l2loopback ? I 'm using
pd-extended from yesterday auto-build (GEM: ver: 0.93.SVN rev3703 GEM:
compiled: Feb 11 2011) and get no valid object for "recordV4L2" .

Thanks in advance!

2011/1/14 IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>

On 01/14/2011 06:01 PM, benjamin 01xy wrote:
> > oups,
> > I thought it had moved but main site of webcamstudio remains here :
> > http://www.ws4gl.org/
> >
> > by the way, it worked for me in GEM in both way (grab your gemwin <>
> > feed pix_video > gemwin with webcamstudio)
> >

> btw, the SVN version of Gem has support for writing to both vloopback
> (aka v4l(1)-loopback) and v4l2loopback
>
> so you can do the gemwin->/dev/video* directly within Gem
>

> i very much prefer v4l2loopback because:
> - you can use gstreamer to write to /dev/video
> - you can use more apps to read from these pipes (using LIBV4L should be
> possible for writing as well)
> - i'm involved in development :-)
>
> fgmadr
> IOhannes