[PD] [GEM] pix_film mjpeg crash

Martin Eckart imartron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:10:46 CET 2011

I've been using mjpeg encoded .avi video and that's worked the best for me
with GEM on Ubuntu.  However, I highly recommend installing GEM with gmerlin
(gavl) support as it drastically sped up playback on my machine.  I had to
compile it in myself but I think there might be a daily build .deb floating
around somewhere.  To compile, I got gavl libraries etc. from Roman's PPA
https://launchpad.net/~reduzierer/+ppa-packages

<https://launchpad.net/~reduzierer/+ppa-packages>-martin