[PD] noob question: trying to repurpose the G08.reverb.pd example

Richie Cyngler glitchpop at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 03:45:08 CET 2011

I don't entirely follow what is happening with your files. But in order to
access abstractions they need to  have a file path, which you can setup via
the preferences menu>>>Path. I don't know if you are aware of this or not.

I put all mine in a folder called "abstractions" which I have set up a path
to.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Morgan Packard <morgan at morganpackard.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to add that reverb in to my own patch. I simply copied and
> pasted the "pd reverb" subpatch in to my own. The "reverb-echo" abstraction
> isn't being found by my own patch (it shows up with a red outline, and an
> error in the console: "reverb-echo ... couldn't create".
>
> The example patch works fine, loads that abstraction no problem. But it
> doesn't work in my own patch.
>
> I tried loading a different abstraction in to my own patch, and it loads
> just fine.
>
> Any ideas what's going on here? How can I get better debugging information
> than "couldn't create"?
>
> thanks!
>
> -Morgan
>
> --