[PD] noob question: trying to repurpose the G08.reverb.pd example

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 10:26:30 CET 2011

Why not always put your abstractions in the same directory as the patch?  (Or in a
subdirectory if you want to organize them that way.)  It makes things more modular:
e.g., you can just compress the containing directory and shoot it off rather than
sending a separate attachment for abstractions and have them copy your manually-entered
search patch settings (which most likely will not be the same across platforms).

Additionally, the patch directory is searched first (at least according to the manual), so
you're less likely to run into name clashes that way.  (And then you can
guarantee no nameclashes by prefixing your abstractions with a "./" like [./my-abs].)

-Jonathan