[PD] Abstractions x Externals

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 16 06:25:58 CET 2011

I think the term 'external' was coined by David Zicarelli (in the context
of the M program, before Max) to mean an external code segment.  I've always
used it to mean a calss defined in a dynamically linked object module
(presumably written in C).

I use the word 'abstractions' to refer to patches invoked by name in
object boxes.  So for me at least, the two are different animals.

cheers
Miller