[PD] Abstractions x Externals

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:08:35 CET 2011

I see.

I was thinking of externals as anything that can be loaded as an object or
library - like any non native/pd vanilla object - at startup.

Therefore, my concept of externals is broad, and can include abstractions if
their path is listed on Pd preferences.

I don't use vanilla, so I don't know if the [sin~] object or list-abs is
loaded there. But then, what matters is that I am actually wrong to conceive
it this way, and need to be corrected, right?

The thing is that I am translation my long Pd Tutorial to english, and I
make this assumption there somewhere. One of my intent to translate to
english is to see if you guys find inconsistent information there too.

Thanks a lot
Alex