[PD] iSight, pix_video, Mac Books Pro and Pd-extended 0.42.5

patrick mcnameeking pmcnameeking at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:30:22 CET 2011

Hi there, I just experienced the exact same error on a black macbook 4,1
 2.4 Ghz.  I went ahead and created my patch and then opened it in
PD-Vanilla and after importing all the necessary libraries and it worked
fine.  I just tested the patch out in extended 0.42.5 again and it is
running perfectly.  I couldn't explain how or why this worked but I just
thought i'd share with you how i dealt with it.
Hope that helps.
Pat

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Vj Clouds Eleven <vjclouds11 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I encounter a strange problem on Mac Books Pro and Pd-extended 0.42.5.
> On 2 out of 3 tested machines [pix_video] worked fine - but one machine
> denies working :-(
>
> Working Machine (Intel):  OS X 10.6.6, MacBookPro2,2  2,33 GHz - built in
> iSight
>
> [pix_videoDarwin]: height 320 width 240
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List count 3 index 2
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  DV Video
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  IIDC FireWire Video
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  USB Video Class Video
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: SGSetChannelDevice returned error -9408
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> [pix_videoDarwin]: vdigName is Built-in iSight
> [pix_videoDarwin]: digitizer rect is top 0 bottom 1200 left 0 right 1600
> [pix_videoDarwin]: active src rect is top 0 bottom 1200 left 0 right 1600
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: could not set SG Rect
> [pix_videoDarwin]: set SG NormalQuality
> [pix_videoDarwin]: using YUV
>
> Working Machine (PPC): OS X 10.5.8 PowerBook G4 12" V6,2,  1 GHz - ext.
> FW400 iSight
>
> [pix_videoDarwin]: height 320 width 240
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List count 3 index 1
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  DV Video
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  IIDC FireWire Video
> [pix_videoDarwin]: SG channnel Device List  USB Video Class Video
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: SGSetChannelDevice returned error -9408
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> [pix_videoDarwin]: vdigName is iSight
> [pix_videoDarwin]: digitizer rect is top 0 bottom 1200 left 0 right 1600
> [pix_videoDarwin]: active src rect is top 0 bottom 1200 left 0 right 1600
> [pix_videoDarwin]: set SG NormalQuality
> [pix_videoDarwin]: using YUV
>
> Not working machine (Intel): MacBookPro3,1, OS X 10.6.6, 2,4 GHz - built in
> iSight:
>
> [pix_videoDarwin]: height 320 width 240
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: could not make new SG channnel error -9405
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
>
> I found a message on the Pd mailinglist which suggests to send 'colorspace
> rgba'
> followed by a 'reset' (message is here:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-02/017454.html)
>
> This did not work out for me and leads to:
>
> [pix_videoDarwin]: colorspace is GL_RGBA 6408
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: SGStop failed with error -9402
> [pix_videoDarwin]: starting reset
> error: [pix_videoDarwin]: could not make new SG channnel error -9405
>
> Any ideas what goes wrong?
> Any idea what the error numbers should tell me?
>
> /c11

'Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.'