[PD] iSight, pix_video, Mac Books Pro and Pd-extended 0.42.5

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 16 14:57:05 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, patrick mcnameeking wrote:

> Hi there, I just experienced the exact same error on a black macbook 4,1
>  2.4 Ghz.  I went ahead and created my patch and then opened it in
> PD-Vanilla and after importing all the necessary libraries and it worked
> fine.  I just tested the patch out in extended 0.42.5 again and it is
> running perfectly.  I couldn't explain how or why this worked but I just
> thought i'd share with you how i dealt with it. Hope that helps. Pat

Btw, I compiled a list of OSX error messages here :

   http://gridflow.ca/svn/trunk/src/MacErrors2.i

Each error number, followed by a symbol, followed by a comment (if you're
lucky).

For example, -9402 and -9405 are :

OSERR(-9402,"cantDoThatInCurrentMode","")
OSERR(-9405,"couldntGetRequiredComponent","")

the symbols are somewhat vague and the comments are missing, but at least,
you've got more than just a number. (most error numbers are more precise
and more documented than that)

It still would take an Apple Quicktime's developer manual to really make
sense of this, though.