[PD] GEM - edge blending and polygon smooth

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Feb 16 17:45:32 CET 2011

hello,

Le 16/02/2011 13:43, rainer _ a écrit :
> hi,
>
> i´m currently working on a patch for a multiscreen / multiprojector installation. I know, probably vvvv is the better choice to do this - but first i want to try it with GEM. i started with two screens, two pd instances, two gemwins framesynced over netsend/receive on one machine. for edgeblending i use pix_takealpha and a matching tif with alpha channel.

look at a thread named "soft edge" on this mailling list.
there a mail I send at then end of december that offer a patch that can do this kind of soft edge.
but you have to create only 1 windows that is on both screen.
(so you only have 1 pd)

> at this point the first question appears: is there an object in GEM to adjust gamma and can elevate blacklevels ???
i think everything that concern pixel value should be computed in Gpu (so with shader) for performance reason.

> for a rudimental imagewarping i textured the whole thing on a 4-point polygon. the next problem: on excessive warping poor edges appears on texturing - i´ve tried polygon_smooth but it seems that it does not do anything...is there a more elegant way to get smooth imagewarping???
i recently upload a Gem example for doing this.
here it is.

> thanks & best regards,
>
> rainer
>
> p.s. i´m still on GEM 0.90
???
really?
according to files date, this release was made in 2004.
lot's of work have been made since.
it's time to upgrade.