[PD] Sigmund~ and tracks.

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:02:27 CET 2011

Good to know about the reason for the 1Mhz maxfreq...

> Not really sure what to do with the viola d'amore source sounds if they are
> just not going to be stable.

I think if you can settle for fewer harmonics and work out the flag
logic there's hope yet.  Another thing that occurred to me is that
since the scratchy noise part of the viol sound is likely what's
making the tracking jumpy, you could try to remove the noise.  I've
been working on an external that lets you rescale the amplitudes of
harmonics in a pitched signal.  There's an early draft on my website -
it's called [pitchEnv~].  Using that, I scaled all the harmonics of
your sample to 0, so that all the pitch related components are erased
from the signal.  The attached wav file is what's left...basically all
the scratchy noise.

Then I tried subtracting that noise from the original signal (delayed
slightly based on the time it takes to do this analysis), and it did
clean up the noise some.  It wasn't perfect, but with some work this
could produce a signal you send to [sigmund~] that would be more
easily tracked out.  I might have time to fiddle with that later, but
if you download [pitchEnv~] you can give it a shot too.

William