[PD] Pd-extended 0.42.5 Lucid - Audio Settings / Delay - not working!

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Fri Feb 18 15:29:21 CET 2011

Hi Tim,

usually I get better performance with oss. When I use alsa I have to start
it with the -realtime and - nosleep flag to get the same performance.
Unfortunately this makes the gui unmanageable from time to time. That's why
I prefere oss. Leaving out the -nosleep flag helps somehow but seems not
quite as fast.

Alsa actually lets me change the latency, though.

When starting with oss and a higher latency than 8 ms I get the message

"OSS: requested audio buffer size 12168 limited to 4096" (the actual number
vary!)

(BTW I am always starting pd from the terminal with root rights)

Could it be that there are some general audio settings in the ubuntu system
that I have to change in order to increase the maximum buffer size? Does
anybody know where this could be?

Ingo