[PD] Pd-extended 0.42.5 Lucid - Audio Settings / Delay - not working!

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:29:18 CET 2011

2011/2/16 Ingo Scherzinger <ingo at miamiwave.com>

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to change the delay in the audio settings for a higher
> latency
> to avoid glitches and dropouts in my current patch.
> Unfortunately there is no effect when I change the delay time.
>
> Even setting it to 100 or 300 ms results in 0 delay (+ the usual os delay,
> of course)!
>
> I am using the first release version of 0.42.5 on Lucid with oss.

Hi Ingo,
Is there a reason why you use oss and not alsa or jack?
I wanted to test what you describe, but my soundcard apparently doesn't even
show up in Media>OSS...
when I try switching to OSS i get this:
/dev/dsp (read/write): No such file or directory
(now will try write-only...)
/dev/dsp (writeonly): No such file or directory
/dev/dsp (readonly): No such file or directory
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

alsa works.
ubuntu Maverick, Pd version 0.42-6

Tim