[PD] Gem+v4l2loopback (was Re: pdp_vloopback ?)

Jack jack at rybn.org
Fri Feb 18 20:16:11 CET 2011

Le vendredi 18 février 2011 à 19:50 +0100, IOhannes zmölnig a écrit :
> On 02/18/2011 07:33 PM, Jack wrote:
>
> > it's the same as with the film- and video- plugins: you need to have the
> > plugins besides your Gem.pd_linux:
> > $ pwd
> > .....Gem/src
> > $ ln -s plugins/recordV4L2/.libs/gem_recordV4L2.so .
> > $
> >> Done, but i still have the problem after :
> >> $ ln -s plugins/recordV4L2/.libs/gem_recordV4L2.so
> >> I get :
> >> ln: creating symbolic link `./gem_recordV4L2.so': File exists
> >> Any way to fix this problem ?
>
> seems like i lost track of where exactly you are stuck.
>
> #1 you need a recent version of Gem (you have that, i figure)
Yep :
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.93.SVN rev3720M
GEM: compiled: Feb 14 2011

> #2 you need to compile the recordV42L plugin
>  - this is usually done automatically when you compile Gem using "make"
It is what i done.
>  - all the plugins do some auoconf checks for required infrastructure
> (obviously you need a linux system for recordQT4L; it also checks for
> libV4L, but this should be optional)
I'm working with Ubuntu 10.10.
>  - if not all requirements are met, you might end up with an "empty"
> (and thus non-working) plugin
Here, i don't know...

>  - since i'm using automake, the compiled plugins are a bit hidden; they
> live (e.g.) in plugins/recordV4L2/.libs/
In this directory, i have :
gem_recordV4L2.la
gem_recordV4L2.lai
gem_recordV4L2.so
gem_recordV4L2_la-recordV4L2.o

> #3 you have to make sure that the plugins end up besides Gem.pd_linx
>  - if you run "make install", this should be handled automatically
>  - if you just want to test (and not "install"), you have to manually
> copy (or symlink) the files next to your Gem.pd_linux
I have already a 'gem_recordV4L2.so' besides 'Gem.pd_linux'.

> SO:
>
> it seems like you already have a file "gem_recordV4L2.so" besides your
> Gem.pd_linux;
Yes.
> if this is an old _copy_ remove it, and copy/symlink the
> new one to this place (i usually do symlinks, but that's because i'm
> developing and want to have my changes to take immediate effect)
> if it's a symlink, then you should be fine
This was the problem. Now it is working fine, i get :
[pix_record]: backend #0='V4L'
I need to do like this with all plugins or there is an other method ?

> then you start Gem (make sure you load the correct .pd_linux file), and
> create a [pix_record] object.
> watch the console! it should tell you about the found backends (it
> managed to activate)
Yep, i have always an eye on the console :)
Thanx again for your help.
++

Jack