[PD] tracking multiblob with constant ID

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 19 19:45:05 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Jaime Oliver wrote:

> We're working to get a more definite solution. This is a kind of object
> that i think wold be of general use for pd users.  So, I imagine other
> people have done similar objects???

Matching nearest neighbours in general is a nice idea, but if you wanted
something based on actual overlap of the detected areas, you can't do that
with min/max data or centroïd data. That's why [#labelling] also outputs a
version of the incoming grid in which the "1" regions have all been
flood-filled with distinct integers (numbered from 2 upwards ; it can go
well beyond 255 if needed).

However, I don't know any easy way to compare two images for overlap (in
number of pixels), and I have not tried this yet (nor any other form of
tracking of the found regions).