[PD] loadbang not sent for dynamically created objects?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 22 11:35:03 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:28:58PM -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> --- On Mon, 2/21/11, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> > There are no official help patches for dynamic patching, only the tutorial
> > floating around somewhere, which I can't find ATM. The loadbang explanation
> > should probably be inside of this, if it isn't already.
>
> I think I need to add the term "official" to the (probably
> unofficial*) Pd glossary.
>
> What does it mean?  I.e., what information are you trying
> to convey by using it?

Awgh, come on!

We all know, that dynamic patching, while very useful, still is considered
exploiting internal implementation details, and has never been encouraged nor
documented by its author, Miller.

If it makes you feel better, let me express it this way: The tutorial "pd-msg"
[*] for dynamic patching contains a section on the loadbang message that could
be improved 8 years, 3 months after it was written:

[*] pure-data/trunk/doc/additional/pd-msg/1.msg_and_patch/5.loadbang.pd

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__