[PD] loadbang not sent for dynamically created objects?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 22 16:45:59 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> We all know, that dynamic patching, while very useful, still is
> considered exploiting internal implementation details, and has never
> been encouraged nor documented by its author, Miller.

Yet if Miller changed internals so that dynamic patching becomes
impossible, what would he achieve with that ? What would you do ? What
would I do ? What would other people do about it ?

It does not help anyone, to know that Miller doesn't encourage some of the
most interesting patching in the Pd community.

What are you trying to achieve, by restating Miller's position ?