[PD] pd-kinect-skeleton

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 23 01:42:18 CET 2011

Hi palm!

I love sharing and have learned so much pd through the generosity and guidance of people on this list.
I spent a few hours struggling with the OpenNI, Nite and avin stuff which all built but I got pretty frustrated — and perhaps it's because I was not doing the proper poses, so I bgean looking at processing versions of kinect hacks and because I am on mac the Quartz Composer hacks/builds as well. Well I stumbled upon the tryplex version and gave it a try but I really wanted to test and use the kinect with pd, of course. Well I found that following the directions
1.) opening a terminal window
2.) simply dragging and dropping the pre-built osceleton included into it

Double clicking gave a funny "no classic environment error"

Then I used the pd examples that Hans had shared with it and I got
New User and a good configuration almost everytime with it.

Here is the link I found and used
http://code.google.com/p/tryplex/

I was able to run the pd examples and they worked and sounded great almost immediately

I hope this helps you and others. I am excited to build a mobile pd mocap with a few kinects with this.

Please share a patch or whatever results you like

cheers~

pp