[PD] pix_artoolkit

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Feb 25 23:17:46 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> I had the same error message, but after I installed artoolkit, I recompiled,
> and the error message disappeared, to say instead that I can't use this
> colorspace with [pix_artoolkit], but then, I tried all colorspaces I knew :
> grey, yuv, rgba.

Sorry. Here's the real info. I compiled artoolkit from source. I installed
it in $HOME/lib, $HOME/include, etc... and then [pix_artoolkit]'s
./configure said :

checking for PKG_ARTOOLKIT_CFLAGS...
checking for PKG_ARTOOLKIT_LIBS...
checking for artoolkit-config... no
checking for arInitCparam in -lAR... yes
checking AR/ar.h usability... yes
checking AR/ar.h presence... yes
checking for AR/ar.h... yes
checking for arInitCparam in -lAR... (cached) yes

and then at load-time it still does say :
   error: [pix_artoolkit]: compiled without ARToolKit support!

which is why all colorspaces seem to be wrong. The run-time error message
could be more informative than what it is.