[PD] Gridflow+ L2Ork pd-extended (was: L2Ork pd-extended release candidate 1 now available)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Feb 26 23:36:41 CET 2011

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>
> > Not as comprehensive (no web browser and between instances of PDF
>
> PD ?

Yep, typo courtesy of android auto-complete trying to be smart...

> > beyond what tcl/tk clipboard offers). I wasn't even aware that
> > desiredata did that :-).
>
> DesireData does it all with what the Tcl/Tk clipboard offers, which is a
> basic use of the X11 clipboard, that's all. I didn't have to do anything
> more elaborate than that to be able to copy patches straight from
> pastebin
> websites, etc.

I figured as much when I read your email. I am kind of torn at this point because we now have dual clipboard--one for patch clipboard and another for text and the two are interchangeably used depending on the context.

Going your route is quite convenient as that allows interaction with apps outside Pd but at the same time limits one to having only one buffer. Still, I think yours is better and as such should be implemented instead.

> If you're looking for ideas on how to improve Pd, make sure you go
> through
> all of DesireData.

I definitely will. Thanks for the tip!

Best wishes,