[PD] Reading and writing binary files

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 23:57:51 CET 2011

Thanks. I think I'll try using the MrPeach external. I didn't realize
that it was already installed (I'm using pd-extended). It seems to do
what I want, and I don't have to install any other libraries.

I have a question about [binfile] though, for either of you (or
anybody else). Is there only one buffer that has global scope, or is
there one buffer for each patch that uses [binfile]? I tried to create
one sub-patch to read the file, and another to write it out, assuming
that the buffer was global. But the file that was created was empty,
so I guess I need to extract the data from the buffer and pass it
around in a list. Is there an object to get/put all the values in the
buffer and convert them to/from a list? Or do I have to write a loop
to do it "manually"?

Thanks again.