[PD] Reading and writing binary files

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 26 21:16:56 CET 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, David wrote:

> The second one, libglew1.5, I was able to install from one of my
> registered depositories. But the other one, libcv2.1, isn't listed in
> any of my depositories. There is a package called 'libcv4', but it
> didn't help. Where can I find a copy of libcv2.1?

I don't know that stuff... although I develop it all on Ubuntu, I don't do
the packaging on Ubuntu. The libcv package version numbering is confusing.
Libcv4 is OpenCV 2. If you find libcv2.1, I wouldn't be sure what that
means. It could be the same as libcv4 and I wouldn't know... and the
package manager wouldn't either.

> I'm running EasyPeasy (a Linux distro for netbooks), so I wasn't sure
> which version of the 'deb' file to use. Would that make any difference?

Any that works. The whole concept of having distinct packages for OS
releases that are just 6 months apart, it's just beyond me.

GridFlow is quite easy to build from source, though : If you've installed
anything from source before, it can be a matter of minutes.

Otherwise, I hope you can get some help about the deb files.