[PD] pix_set / pix_gain weirdness

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 27 18:43:05 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> However by trying it a little bit I got the impression that any
> real-life image processing of even a minimum of complexity is completely
> unfeasible in practice because it immediately becomes too slow. Or isn't
> it so? Is it possible, for example, to do movement detection and blob
> detection in gridflow with an efficiency even remotely comparable to
> that you can achieve with [pix_movement] and [pix_blob]?

I don't know, I never tried those.

Are you trying it with an image size much larger than what you really need
to analyse ? If so, why do you do it ?

The pixel throughput isn't everything... it's what you do with it.

And measuring GridFlow in terms of what GEM allows you to do won't reveal
what GridFlow can offer you that GEM can't.