[PD] unexpected behaviour in [route]

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Sun Feb 27 21:46:46 CET 2011

I'm preparing some patches for courses that I teach and I noticed behaviour
in [route] that I found unexpected or at least inconsistent.

Attached is a patch that demonstrates the problem.

In short: when mixing types of arguments for [route], the object will fail
to properly route a float if the float is preceded by a symbol argument.
For example:
[route 12 nobug] will route 12 properly
[route bug 12] will send any incoming 12 to its last ('undefined') output

This is with Pd Extended 0.42.5 on Mac OS 10.6.6

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

Rene