[PD] [PD-announce] pmpd v 0.10

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Feb 28 14:54:59 CET 2011

Le lundi 28 février 2011 à 14:27 +0100, cyrille henry a écrit :

> Le 28/02/2011 11:41, Jack a écrit :
> > It would be nice to have a second outlet on [pmpd], [pmpd2d] and
> > [pmpd3d] like on MSD objects.
> it's not very complex, but i'm really wondering why one would need it.
> i'll make it if you convince me that it's usefull.
Yep :)
It is useful because you can see in the console the masses created with
their id and links created between two masses with their id. So it is
useful to debug.

> > The 54_pmpd_wave.pd example doesn't work here.
> > [pmpd] seems to have a problem.
> i correct a problem after the official annonce. could you make sur you have the last version (svn update)
> thanks
> and tell me if that solve the pb.
It seems it doesn't solve the problem because i compiled pmpd today
(sources from svn) :
$ svn up
À la révision 14977.

> > Do test and interaction objects work with [pmpd], [pmpd2d] and [pmpd3d]
> > masses ?
> no
>
> from a technical point of view, they could be working. but pmpd* are really MSD* clone.
> and the philosophies is a bit different.
OK.
> you can very easilly make 100 connections. that should replace interactor objects.
I tried to make a segment (like [iSeg]) of several masses in the past
but it was not a good solution. I guess the best solution is to test
position of each mass and then add force on it.

> but yes, pmpd have a wider range of interactor shape, so it may be interesting someday to make them work.
Would be nice !
++

Jack