[PD] Pd - DSP in a web app

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Tue Mar 29 17:19:02 CEST 2011

Those are both good reads. The "Web Audio! All Aboard" article is
pretty inspiring.

As for running Pd on a server, if the user's don't need to share data
(for example, if you are streaming the results of their patches back
to them) you could run one instance of Pd per user. That way one user
couldn't kill audio for everyone.

In most of the work I've done the web UI interacts with Pd patches,
but it doesn't actually send patches, so to the extent that I trust my
own patching ability, I can feel fairly certain that my instance of Pd
won't crash. I guess I assumed that with the sequencer that's the type
of thing you would be doing.

andy