[PD] multiple [udpreceive n] instances

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed May 4 14:55:26 CEST 2011

On 4 May 2011, at 13:26, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> well, problem is that ports are designed to be used exclusively (e.g. if
> you have a web-server running on port 80, you cannot have another
> webserver running on port 80.

I get that, but it doesn't mean our Pd externals have to mirror the behaviour of lower-level operations.

Currently [udpreceive 5000] means 'open a UDP socket on port 5000 and give me the received data', but that's not the only way.

I'd like it to behave a little higher level: 'give me data received over UDP on port 5000'. In my version, we don't care if the object is creating a new socket, or giving us data from an already established socket.

Jamie