[PD] problem with mixer project

Fernando Gadea fgadea at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:58:38 CEST 2011

> Re: [PD] problem with mixer project
> De:
> Jose Luis Santorcuato <santorcuato76 at gmail.com>
> Fecha:
> Fri, 6 May 2011 23:14:57 -0400
> Para:
> Fernando Gadea <fgadea at gmail.com>
>
> Para:
> Fernando Gadea <fgadea at gmail.com>
> CC:
> pd-list at iem.at
>

> Hi...¿Kernel? ... probablemente debas compilar un kernel de baja
> latencia...tiene poca ram y un procesador pequeño, igual debería
> funcionar...

I am not really a power user, but I haven' t had latency problems
before, so maybe this is not the central problem (but I understand that
you may be right and I could improve performance with a kernel change,
only that, if I can solve this latency problem in an easyer
inside-puredata way, I will leave it for a later macro-system optimizing
stage)

> Maybe you could compile a low latency kernel... your  processor is
> slow, but must go on... check the latency...
>
> Why you use Xubuntu??? try Ubuntu... i worked with open cv, pidip and
> other in a little cpu...
As Iohannes lets think, I use xfce for its lightness and minimalistic
user interface. I hope there is not a problem in the interaction between
puredata and xubuntu's xfce environment.

> Try mixer~ objetct
Thank you, I will substitute the before-master audio mixing with this
object and see if the problem solves, at least as an alternative try.
Gracias, y mejores deseos
Fernando