[PD] auto-completion with popup [was: 3 new gui-plugins]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed May 11 21:45:33 CEST 2011

On May 10, 2011, at 2:55 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:19, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>
> On 2011-05-08 18:40, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > Also, I think Pd-extended should include a number of plugins by
> default,
> > like perhaps your completion plugin.  So that would mean that the
> plugin
> > reports would be shown by default.
>
> though it's a bit annoying that the user cannot chose to _not_ use a
> certain plugin. (moving the foo-plugins folder into a "disabled/"
> folder
> is probably a not such a good idea either, as in this case this
> would be
> a global operation that effects all users on the machine)
>
> (right, there is the plugins-plugin which might solve this; i don't
> know
> about it's persistency though)
>
> If I'm getting right what you mean by persistence, plugins-plugin
> uses the "move to /disabled" method too. Actually, I don't really
> sympathise with that method, and I was trying to advocate something
> else (also because you may not have write access to every folder)
> and I'll be happy to update the plugin as soon as a cleaner method
> is agreed on.
>
> Andras

I think its also something that needs to be addressed, but I'm not
sure there is a clear idea of how it should be done.  I agree there
should be some kind of -noprefs/-nostdlib type flag that disables the

The plugins-plugin might be able to override the current plugins
that loads the rest.  That'd be a big hack, but could be an easy way
to test out different ideas of handling the loading of plugins.

"A cellphone to me is just an opportunity to be irritated wherever you
are." - Linus Torvalds