[PD] Ubuntu Linux to Mac OSX Question

Brian Shepard brian at studioii.com
Wed May 18 20:38:19 CEST 2011

Funs, that¹s it! Forcing Textedit to save with UTF-8 did the trick! Thank
you so much!!!

On 5/18/11 1:58 AM, "Funs Seelen" <funsseelen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I'm on OSX now and just copied both text files to Textedit where I saved them
> with UTF-8 encoding. I was able to open both with Pd-0.43-0 and Pd-0.42-5
> (except for the objects of libraries I haven't loaded).
>
> 2011/5/18 Brian K. Shepard <brian at studioii.com>
>> Other than the coordinates and order of objects, the only difference I see is
>> on the line with ³wave sinesum.² His version has ³\;² after the coordinates,
>> and my version has ³:² after the coordinates. I tried changing that in his
>> version, but still couldn¹t get it to open.
>>

>  The ``\;'' is used in the broadcast-message. Yours with ``:'' will not work
> there I believe, but that has nothing to do with the problem. The only thing I
> could think of is text encoding, but I don't know anything about that, except
> for that UTF-8 uses ASCII and adds a lot to it.
>
> Funs

-- Brian

Brian Shepard
Studio II Productions
brian at studioii.com
http://www.studioii.com/

The information contained in this e-mail may be totally bogus and is
intended solely for the whim and entertainment of the named addressee.
Access, copying, or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained
therein by any other person is ridiculous and an utter waste of time.  If
you are not the intended recipient please get a life and stop snooping in
other people's email.