[PD] [PD-announce] completion-plugin new version

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:59:22 CEST 2011

On 05/30/2011 03:28 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2011, yvan volochine wrote:
>> On 05/21/2011 11:46 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>> You need to modify the 'find' method in the canvas class. You make one
>>> version that doesn't auto-select an item, but instead sends a list of
>>> all matches to the tcl side for your use.
>> [SNIP]
>> that's what I meant, it's currently not possible in a gui-plugin (i.e.
>> in tcl only)
>
> And then what ?
>
> You don't have to stick to the assumption that GUI plugins have to be
> Tcl only.

http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins:
"From Pd 0.43 on, Tcl/Tk plugins can be used to add optional
functionality to the GUI..."

no need to be agressive, I'm (kinda) back into pd after years away and
didn't follow pd recent development, I assumed that Gui-Plugins had to
be Tcl/Tk plugins (as stated on this page).

anyway, I don't know C and shouldn't have any free time soon so feel
free to implement this requested s/r behavior.

cheers,
_y