[PD] [PD-announce] completion-plugin new version

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon May 30 20:01:35 CEST 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 9:59 AM, yvan volochine wrote:

> On 05/30/2011 03:28 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>> [SNIP]
>>> that's what I meant, it's currently not possible in a gui-plugin
>>> (i.e.
>>> in tcl only)
>>
>> And then what ?
>>
>> You don't have to stick to the assumption that GUI plugins have to be
>> Tcl only.
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins:
> "From Pd 0.43 on, Tcl/Tk plugins can be used to add optional
> functionality to the GUI..."
>
> no need to be agressive, I'm (kinda) back into pd after years away
> and didn't follow pd recent development, I assumed that Gui-Plugins
> had to be Tcl/Tk plugins (as stated on this page).
>
> anyway, I don't know C and shouldn't have any free time soon so feel
> free to implement this requested s/r behavior.
>
> cheers,
> _y

The GUI plugin stuff is all Tcl/Tk right now. That said, you could
write a Tcl/Tk extension in C, and include that in a GUI plugin.  I
don't think anyone has done that yet.  I was hoping to see a working
Python/Tkinter GUI plugin for Pd, I think that should be possible
without a lot of work.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom