[PD] backwards ead~

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon May 30 20:34:16 CEST 2011

You might be able to easily get that behaviour by
quickly editing the example I gave you.

The maths is really geometry.

There are a few things that can be done as time domain
transforms when thinking about envelopes and suchlike
in this way.

1) Flip it around zero with [*~ -1]
2) Invert arithmetically wrt 1.0 using [sig~ 1][-~]
3) Get the [min~] or the [max~] wrt another value
4) Clamp at a value using [clip~] ... is special case of (3)
5) Shift by an amount using [-~] or [+~]
6) Scale by some factor with [*~]

IIRC the idiom for a two stage envelope like that is
to use [min~]/[max~] to create a split point and treat
each of the two branches differently (you can do piecewise
waveform construction the same way).

If you want time symmetry then have the [vline~] go to 1.0
and back to [0.0] and just use one of the branches.

Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>