[PD] OCR with Puredata?

Alvin O'Sullivan alvin.oslvn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:11:09 CEST 2011

Super, I will check out the link and sorry for the double post.

It is in the early concept stages, but I was thinking that the user
interface would be a piece of glass/plastic the input device would be a
webcam on the inside of a box/resonator. The ambient light outside of the
box (no pun intended) would be enough of a difference to read the opaque
markings as parse-able characters. The user would draw on an opaque surface
and puredata would be able to make something/interpret this input and
respond in some way. It may be that I  have to simplify this to gestures
which I think puredata is also capable of doing. Reading a webcam capture of
the entire active area and the comparing that to a prior state.

Colour would open up other modes, but at this stage binary is what I am
looking for, just black and white.

I would be happy with the simplest method and the easiest to compute.

Thanks Again.