[PD] pduino test patch: "old analog/digital controls"

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:48:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I bring this up again after some further testing:

I:
> In the Pduino test patch ("arduino-test.pd") there is a subpatch called "old analog/digital controls".
> "analogIns X Y" (where X is the analog pin to enable/disable and Y is either 0 or 1).

Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> That's the original way of controlling the analog inputs. It just controls
> whether the Arduino sends the analog messages.  Its there only for backwards
> compatibility.  Use the non-old messages now.

I:
> What are the non-old messages?
> looking at the arduino-test and arduino-help patches I can't see any
> way of enabling analog inputs

I didn't get any answer but i found out that the message
 "pinMode 14 analog" worked like
 "analogIns 0 1" (being pin 14 the same as A0)

However, actually this works _only_ on older versions of Firmata and
doesn't work with the latest version.

By latest version I mean the StandardFirmata and
StandardFirmata_2_2_for_UNO_0_3 example sketches packed with the
latest version of the Arduino IDE (latest available package for Debian
unstable).

With the latest version, the only way I've found that actually works
to enable analog input pins are the so-called "old" messages
analogIns <npin> <1/0>

Can anybody please clarify?

Thanks
m.