[PD] pduino test patch: "old analog/digital controls"

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:09:26 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 13:57 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Ingo wrote:
>
> >> With the latest version, the only way I've found that actually works
> >> to enable analog input pins are the so-called "old" messages
> >> analogIns <npin> <1/0>
> > /listinfo/pd-list
> >
> > I was mentioning that before. I had the same problem.
> >
> > There is another problem with the digital ins 1 and 2. I got myself a
> > workaround. Unfortunately I don't remember anymore what it was
> > exactly. It
> > happened when you went from pin 1 or 2 to another one and back. The
> > first
> > value came out as a "0" instead of the correct version. I think it
> > had to do
> > with the fact that pins 1-8 should form a 8-bit number but 1+2 are
> > part of
> > another 8-bit number or something like that.
> >
> > It happens somewhere in the part of the "mapping".
> >
> > Ingo
>
> I'm totally swamped these days, getting ready for a baby that's coming
> soon.  Please submit bug reports, patches, help file updates, and I'll
> get to it when I can.

@Ingo and Matteo

I'm also quite interested in having the [arduino] working properly. I
didn't find any bugs recently, though. However, if you provide a
step-by-step guide about how to reproduce a problem, I (and probably
Olsen also) might be able to help, as I know the code inside a bit,
although I'm not the author (as long as the problem exists on the Pd
side and not on the Firmata side).
Regarding the help and test files, we just improve what needs
improvement. I hear that this is OK with Hans.

@Hans

I wish you guys good luck and a happy baby!

Roman