[PD] Another arduino weirdness

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:44:52 CEST 2011

On 06/14/2011 09:58 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With this:
>
> [arduino]
>       [print ARDUINO]
>
> On Windows (with the very same arduino board), it doesn't print anything!!

Nothing is even coming out from [comport] when the connection is
established (in Windows)!! (but it does print things when data messages
are received, such as digital pin data)

It's as if the arduino itself was actually behaving differently on
different platforms...

or maybe [comport]. But why would [comport] drop some specific messages?
It doesn't even know about "messages", right? It only sees incoming
bytes, doesn't it?

I thought I would post the output from [comport] when connecting the
arduino, on Windows and on Linux, but it is not always the same. Even if
"open"ing a freshly reset arduino (i.e. just after connecting it to the
usb port, and without any extra circuitry), the output from [comport] is
not always the same.

Furthermore, it seems it is sending digital pin data messages (which may
happen randomly since no pin is connected to anything) even if it has
never received any "pìnMode" message. Is that expected behavior?

And occasionally I get an UNKNOWN_INPUT_COMMAND: 1 505