[PD] pix_film can't open almost any file after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:08:57 CEST 2011

Hi,
Thank you so much for your help

On 06/15/2011 09:24 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> in this case i think that Gem might still be using the wrong library.
> you could check which libs Gem is linked against by doing:
>
> $ ldd /path/to/my/Gem.pd_linux | grep quick

Indeed that returns /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.1

Instead, lqtplay (whose new working version in /usr/local/bin while the
old crashing version still is in /usr/bin) says

/usr/local/lib/libquicktime.so.0

> the 2 versions might be _binary_ incompatible, which means that you
> would need to re-compile Gem as well :-(

If I do, will it automatically know to link against the correct library?
How do I tell him/her?

Thanks
m.