[PD] pduino test patch: "old analog/digital controls"

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:24:16 CEST 2011

On 06/16/2011 05:44 PM, olsen wrote:
> it's all in the
> arduino-help.pd by Gerda Strobl and Georg Holzmann!

Which one???

Not the one that is distributed together with [arduino] and
[arduino-test] at http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html, right?

> in the last subpatch [pd SWITCHING-INPUTS] you'll find the apropriate
> messages.

There I find the same analogIns messages that are supposed to be the old
ones (but are the only ones I've found that work for analog pins with
the latest version of Firmata)

 > i don't know why this is commented with (optional)

I must have another version of the help patch, as I don't see such a comment

How are the messages you're talking about?

> i guess it's a firmata peculiarity that you've explicit have to enable
> the analog pins as in arduino they are enabled by default - but correct
> me if i'm wrong.

Yes, I guess what you have to explicitly enable is to have the firmware
_send_ the values to the computer. It would be undesirable to have a
constant flood of values of all pins whether you use them or not.