[PD] converting accelerometer & gyro to positive values

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 17 16:37:49 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 09:21:53AM -0400, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> I am still fooling around with rjdj and I was wondering what way
> people are using to turn r #acceleromter & r #gyro to positive values.
> I usually use a mccallum abstraction d-scale for stuff like this but I
> am not sure it will work with vanilla/rjlib, so I am wondering what
> others may suggest.

You can use the [m_scale] abstraction in rj to rescale values between
various ranges, also using non-linear translations.

If you are interested in the magnitude of the accelerometer
settings you can also use the [m_accel_magnitude] abstraction, which
whill give you the magnitude in all directions (i.e. how hard someone is
shaking the device).

Ciao
--
Frank