[PD] d-scale abstraction with rjdj

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 17 16:43:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 07:37:00AM -0400, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> I did not hear back yesterday and I am wondering
> Can I use the d-scale abstraction David Mccallum wrote in rjdj?

I answered now, but to answer in more general terms: If an abstraction
uses only the objects and features that are in Pd-vanilla as
downloadable from Miller's site and if it in addition does not use
objects from the expr-family ([expr], [fexpr], [expr~]) which are GPL,
then it will run in RjDj on iOS.

A nice way to check this with Pd-extended instead of vanilla is starting
Pd with the "-noprefs" option, so it does not load any externals and
doesn't set any paths. If the abstraction doesn't give any errors about
missing objects and if it doesn't use expr, then it will be fine.

Ciao
--
Frank