[PD] pd-con 2011: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS /weimar carillon

hans w. koch kochhw at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 19 10:16:12 CEST 2011

hi moritz,

lovely idea!
i read this with great interest, as i happen to work on a piece for the tiergarten carillon + electronics in berlin right now.
on the website about the carillon you mention the range of the instrument is almost 3 octaves (35 bells).
but the lowest note is sounding rather  an a (midi 57) instead of an A (midi 45).
the soundrecording you provide, actually confirms this.
carillons tend to be notated an octave lower, at least the berlin one is, and its lowest bell is g (midi 55), weighting several tons already.

i thought i mention, just before someone wants to go all bassy...

now i have to convert my max-patch for berlin to pd for weimar :-)

cheers
hans
www.hans-w-koch.net